AuPairCare - NOT Worth It! If you are considering it, then save your family the stress, I promise!!
I am not going to go into full detail about this terrible excuse of a scam "child-care" program, but needless to say if you do a very thorough search of this company on Yelp, BBB, online blogs, etc. the stories are all the same, and naturally, so is ours. APC has employees working around the clock to delete negative feedback or comments on all their social media except for the ones they can't, where they copy & paste the same responses..."we are so sorry to hear about your experience with APC. We professionally screen blah blah blah."
These girls are coming to the US for a paid vacation. They are not screened, their profiles are made up of complete lies that are fabricated by them & the company, & once you pay upfront for the program like us, then you are screwed. ($6K to be exact.)
Here are just a few things:
- Listed as Driver by APC (ran stop signs...didn't even know what one looked like or what it meant, didn't have a US drivers license, didn't know how to get in another lane, almost wrecked 3x with kids in tow.
- Listed on APC things she enjoys doing: Spends time reading books, has 2 dogs in home city and loves watching movies. (didn't touch the tv once during her 4 week stay with us, maybe that was because she was never home, not interested in opening a book unless you consider that reading texts ALL day, editing your profile on dating websites or hook up apps. Has 2 dogs, but asked us how to put a collar on...smh.)
- Former school teacher that has cared for ages 0-15 alone with up to 15 students in her classroom. (Told the area director she was overwhelmed with 3 toddlers)
- Lazy, un-involved, never smiled except when she was leaving the house, dirty, careless, disinterested girl who walked around in her pjs with running mascara down her eyes from being hungover every night.
- Left the kids alone on 2 occasions.
There is so much more.......
We basically paid $6k for us to board a nightmare college roommate. We quit the program and even due to the terrible misrepresentation that was given for this au pair, she is now being promoted to new families entering the program and we are losing $2k. Sigh.
We are now with a local childcare provider we absolutely love and the money loss is such a little issue compared to the well-being and protection of my kids. I am finally starting to feel normal again after this stressful, tearful, & burden of a program.
Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of fees and customer support. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss aupaircare child care program. AuPairCare needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.